Wednesday

lesson 11: try new things

"So were you popular?"

"No."

"Ah. You were probably one of those geeky kids with glasses and big teeth."

"I still have glasses and big teeth."

"Yeah. Sorry about that. Did you have friends?"

"Yep."

"You aren't being very helpful today. I'll be more direct. Tell me about some after school activity you did with your friends."

"Well, I remember going to my friend Dee's house. We played a kind of weird game."

"Sounds intriguing, go on."

"We'd blindfold each other... and..."

"Wait, is this safe for a general audience."

"Yeees... it's not that kind of blindfolding... And don't look so disappointed."

"Well, after yesterday's talking breast entry, I didn't know what to expect."

"Stop interrupting. OK. We used to blindfold each other and feed each other spoons of weird concoctions from her kitchen."

"Ew. Why?"

"I'm not sure why... But we'd have to try and guess what was in it."

"Do you have an example?"

"A grape covered in Tabasco sauce, or a bit of raw potato with icing, or tea leaves with Castor oil... I don't exactly remember... we'd just combine stuff on a spoon."

"Did this have the same effects as the toothpaste?"

"Yeah. But without the fresh breath."

"You were a weird kid. Did you actually learn something from this?"

"Friendship has its costs. But I was really sweet. Honestly!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia said...

A friend of mine and I always talked about doing this but the reality was that we didn't trust each other enough. I wanted to see if it was true that blindfolded you couldn't immediately tell the difference between apples and onions. But yeah, she might cover it in tabasco sauce or worse, sneak peas into my mouth.

Ugh.

7/23/2008 12:28 PM  
Blogger Grumpy but sweet said...

fantastic.

8/02/2008 2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home