Wednesday

lesson 21: i'm not the center of the universe

"No kidding."

"Yeah well, it took me longer to figure this out than most."

"What happened?"

"Oh I was moaning to a friend about a heartbreak when I was in my early 20s and that is what she told me."

"That sounds pretty heartless."

"It actually wasn't. It was the best piece of advice I've ever had."

"What? Only a heartless bitch would tell you that when you're down."

"Nah. The reality of the situation is that I was being all pathetic. You know, 'poor me, wahwahwah, no one else has felt this heartbroken, wahwahwah, I'll never move on, wahwahwah."

"I can't believe I'm saying this but, I think you're being a little hard on yourself. Young love always hurts."

"No. It was painful thing told by friend who loved me. It made me grounded and examine situations in the big scheme of things. It's true. I am not the center of the universe. Constellations worth of things are happening all around me. This thought keeps me grounded."

"You? Grounded?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home