Wednesday

lesson 23: my love life is nobody's business

"I was just going to ask you about that."

"Don't bother."

"Aww. But I'm sure that all of your readers would enjoy the juicy details of your failed affairs of the heart."

"Oh, that motivates me. Especially your assumptions of failure."

"Yeah well, you aren't married, *and* your almost forty."

"Are you someone's mother? This is just wrong. My imaginary interviewer should definitely not resemble a mother trying to marry off her spinster daughter."

"Ah. So you think of yourself as a spinster."

"I most definitely do not. I have had many lovvahs," she says, waggling her chest as alluringly as she knows how.

"Uh. Yeah. That was convincing. But anyway, tell me about your lovers."

"Nope."

"Aww. You are being so disappointing."

She arcs an eyebrow and says, "That's the lesson. It's private because I want it to be. I have had the great fortune to love some extremely kind, smart and fabulous men. That's all you need to know."

"Comawn, how about the bad boys, or the ones that broke your heart, or the the ones that cheated, or lied to you. There's gotta be some dirt. You're holding out."

"Truth?"

"Yeah!"

"It's none of your business," she winks, "and frankly, there is just too much to tell."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home